Intuit began the QuickBooks software in order to be the most efficient
accounting software for business owners worldwide. The QuickBooks software is designed for small to mid-sized businesses or associations as well as firms. It comes with a myriad of functions including automated payments and business analysis reports. It also lets you monitor inventory in addition to multi-user modes. However, many users reported that they had received the H series errors, usually during the past few years. The most frequently reported errors is QuickBooks error code H505.
Basic Info About QuickBooks Error H505
- Error Name – QuickBooks Error H505
- Comes on – Windows XP, 7,8, Vista
- Error Summary Error Summary QuickBooks is experiencing an issue and must end. We apologize for the inconvenience tha may have been caused.
Causes of QB Error Code H505
There are many reasons that can lead to the H505 error; however the primary root of the problem is using the Multi-user mode. When a user tries for access to an account in the Company File that is found on a different system, the issue is created. To learn more, look up the probable causes for this error below.
- Damage network data file which blocks the QB from opening files on the network.
- The QBFCMonitor service isn’t active by the Computer. It is crucial to activate the right services in order to be able to use QuickBooks quickly. But, if certain services are not enabled this can lead to the growth of an array of errors.
- Unsuitable settings in Hosting configuration could result in the appearance in QuickBooks Error H505 the system.
- Another reason for this error is that there is no mention of the IP address for the computer hosting it. It is essential to know the IP address in QuickBooks Database Server Manager. QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Incorrect Firewall settings could also lead in this issue.
- Not last, the cause is the incorrect DNS setting. This could be the primary cause for this issue that is displayed on your Intuit computer.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H505
After having a thorough understanding of the causes that could be behind the HP505 QB error, is the time to understand the signs of this error which you will be able to recognize the appearance of this problem on your system. We will look at some of the signs here.
- If the QuickBooks Error code H505 occurs, it rapidly affects the active window.
- If the error is visible in your computer, it may cause the laptop to crash while running the same program.
- The error message, stating QuickBooks error H505 is going to appear on the screen repeatedly over.
- The windows begin to operate in a slow manner and reacts extremely slowly to mouse inputs or any input from the keyboard.
- The computer will freeze at random intervals for a few seconds within the same timeframe.
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error H505
Below are some suggested solutions that will fix the H505 error quickly.
You may also like reading: Early Child Development Assignment
Solution 1: Make a new Company File Folder
- Create a ‘Replacement folder on the host computer. Then, share the original folder as well as Windows access rights to share company files
- If you don’t have access to a digital computer, contact an experienced IT professional
- Within the folder that you created, copy .qbw file to multi-user mode.
- Now you can browse your Company file.
Read more: QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Solution 2 2. Open Network Ports which QuickBooks utilizes to transfer knowledge
- Configure Firewall settings
- Go to Windows Firewall Settings and click in the Windows Option to click on the instrument panel. Enter the following code:
- “Firewall” in the search bar, then hit Enter. Select Windows Firewall and press the Advanced Settings option.
- Click on the left side and click on ‘Outbound Rules’ and then select the option ‘New Rule.’
- The Press On Ports, press next
- Click TCP and in the local port of your choice, type in one of the ports below:
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2018- 8019,56728,55378-55382
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017-8019,56727,55373-55377
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2016-8019,56726,55368-55372
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2015-8019,56725,55363-55367
- Select Next, and then select the “Allow the Connection Option
- Select Next to type in your name in the Name field, then press Finish.
- Repeat steps 1-5 for inbound rules.
- Go back into the Multi-User mode and then open QuickBooks
- Turn-on Network Discovery
- Then, you must open the control panel and click on System and Security
- Press on Windows Firewall
- On the right side, navigate to click permit associate feature in your Windows Firewall (If it is using Windows Server 2012)
- The option to modify the press
- Select Network Discovery, and Press OK
- Find out which server’s name you are using.
- Run the command RUN, and then press Windows Key + R. Type CMD and then press Enter.
- Enter the config/all key, then hit Enter
- Within the IP Configuration section, search for the ‘Host Name.’
- The server’s name on the right
- Then save the file and proceed onto the next step.
Solution 3: Review for hosting and other services.
- Verify the hosting
- Open QuickBooks on every workstation (this is not the server or hosting computer)
- Select File next and select Utilities
- If you can see Host Multi-user access in this list the computer isn’t hosting the Company file.
- If you notice Host Multi-user Access at the workstation, you are able to move on to your next machine. This is not a change.
Solution 4: Edit the Host File
- In the beginning, hold Windows + R key together to display Run. Then, hold Windows + R together to open the Run Dialog box.
- You must now enter “cmd” and hit Enter to open the Command Prompt window.
- Then type “ipconfig /all” and hit Enter to execute the command.
- Note down the Host’s Name and IP Address in a place. Repeat this process for all computers with multi-user setup.
I hope that the steps mentioned above can help you resolve the issue permanently off your system. However should you not be successful in solving the issue, or if there is a question floating around your head, do not. Get in touch with our experts and solve your problems within a matter of minutes.
You may read also:- QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error