Getting your online store to rank can be somewhat of a chore. And even though everyone says “WordPress is great for SEO,” we all know that doesn’t really mean much anymore. There are plenty of eCommerce platforms out there. That naturally rank well. And many websites are backed by rockstar SEO teams. How do you intend on competing?
The following WordPress SEO tips can help shift things in your direction and make the chance of you appearing on the first page of Google much more likely. You may already be accustomed to searching for SEO tricks online. And are used to coming across those massive blogs that outline hundreds of different tweaks and changes you need to make. However, we’re going with a different approach here.
The Best WordPress SEO Tips to Use For Your Store
- Start by improving the usefulness of your content. Whether this is a helpful blog or a FAQ page, make content on your website that users will actually want to link to and use.
- Spend plenty of time getting to know which keywords you want to rank for and actually look into what others are doing to provide valuable content for said keywords.
- Make sure that your website is properly optimized. WordPress gives you a ton of options for speed enhancements and slick customizations but at the same time there is a lot of room for plugin bloat and useless add-ons that will just slow your website down. Also be mindful of the images that you include on your website and be sure to compress them so that they do not interfere with load times.
- Is your website easy to navigate? No matter how cool you think it is to have 100 different categories for your products, you have to ask yourself, does this actually benefit the customer? It pays to think in such terms no matter what aspect of your website you are trying to tackle from a SEO perspective. It should be easy to find a given product or bit of information when someone lands on your store.
- Do you have a backlinking strategy? It might be hard to get any traction for your online WordPress store. If Google doesn’t see any links or authority being passed on to your content. Even though it’s somewhat time consuming, backlink building is simply something. You can’t ignore if you want your WordPress store to rank.
- Credibility is a big ranking factor. Make sure you are adding reviews and testimonials where users can easily find them. Even from a content standpoint, these items provide context and value for web crawlers trying to figure out what your website is all about.
- Enhance your product pages and category pages. This is the heart of your online store, so you want it to offer as much value as possible. If you think you can get by with just listing your product, you might be in for a shock. Users want to be properly informed, and the best way to do this is by making all of the most important pages on your website worth visiting. This will help them feel confident and knowledgeable about what they are buying.
Ready to Invest in Your WordPress SEO?
You’re not going to rank on page one without a solid WordPress SEO strategy. If you intend on competing in this space. No matter what industry you are in, your marketing has to be air-tight.
Ready to invest in your WordPress SEO? Here are some tips to get you started.
1. Use keywords in your titles and throughout your content.
When it comes to SEO, keywords are still king. Make sure to include your target keywords in your titles and throughout your content. This will help improve your ranking in search engines and attract more visitors to your site.
2. Optimize your images.
Don’t forget to optimize your images for SEO. Add keyword-rich alt text and file names to all of your images, and be sure to use descriptive captions as well. This will help improve your ranking in search engines and attract more visitors to your site.
3. Install a plugin for SEO.
There are a number of WordPress plugins that can help you improve your SEO. Some of our favorites include Yoast SEO, All in One SEO Pack, and WPForms Lite. These plugins can help you optimize your titles, meta descriptions, keywords, and more, giving you a boost in the search engine rankings.
4. Optimize your website for speed.
Another important factor in SEO is website speed. Make sure to optimize your website for speed to ensure that your visitors have a positive experience on your site. You can use a plugin like WP Smush to compress your images and Speed Booster Pack to improve your website’s performance.
5. Connect with other bloggers.
Finally, don’t forget to connect with other bloggers in your niche. Share your content on social media, submit it to roundup posts, and participate in online discussions. By building relationships with other bloggers, you’ll not only increase traffic to your site, but you’ll also gain valuable insights into what works and what doesn’t in SEO.
Use these tips to get started on your WordPress SEO journey and watch your website traffic grow!
That’s why you need a team like Genius eCommerce®. Working with you to help you implement all of these tips and more. Don’t try and handle your SEO by yourself when you could have a group of experts working for you. Contact Genius eCommerce® today and they will build an SEO campaign custom fit for your WordPress site.
Have you tried any of these WordPress SEO tips? If so, let us know how they worked for you in the comments below. We would love to hear about your experiences! And if you haven’t tried them yet, what are you waiting for? These tips can help your eCommerce store rank higher in search engine results pages and increase traffic to your site. Implementing just a few of these changes could make a big difference for your business. So get started today and watch your traffic and sales grow!